The Freemie Collection Cups Deluxe Set is designed for hands-free double pumping and features two 8-oz concealable collection cups (16-oz capacity total), two breast funnel sets (25 mm and 28 mm), two backflow prevention kit, valve assemblies, and one standard Freemie Connection Kit for Medela Pump in Style Advanced and Personal open-system pumps, as well as Medela Symphony and Lactina hospital-grade pumps.
The Connection Kit for Ameda and Philips Avent pumps with inline barriers is required to make Freemie Collection Cups compatible with Ameda Purely Yours and Philips Avent Twin Electric Breast Pump closed-system pumps.
If you own a Freemie Freedom or Freemie Equality pump, the Freemie Collection Cups Deluxe Set will use the connection kit that came with your pump. The Connection Kit for Freemie Freedom and the Connection Kit for Freemie Equality are also available separately.
NOTE: All plastic parts are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship. Ordinary wear and tear is not covered. If you need to replace a part or would like to have extras on hand, please visit the Parts and Accessories section of our store.
- Freemie Collection Cups (1 set of 2 cups)
- Cup dimensions: 4.4 inches in diameter; 2.75 inches deep
- Cup weight (empty): 2.5 ounces each; 5 ounces total
- Cup capacity: 8 ounces each; 16 ounces total
- 25 mm Freemie Breast Funnels (1 set of 2)
- 28 mm Freemie Breast Funnels (1 set of 2)
- Valve bases (2), valves (2), and spare valve (1)
- Freemie Connection Kit (1) (compatible with Medela Lactina, Personal, Pump in Style Advanced, and Symphony models)
- Backflow prevention kit (1 set of 2)
1) How many ounces of milk do Freemie Collection Cups hold?
Each cup holds up to 8 ounces of milk, enabling you to collect up to 16 ounces of milk when you pump.
2) Is sizing based on breast or bra cup size?
No. The measurement (25 mm, 28 mm, or 32 mm) refers to the internal diameter of the breast funnel which surrounds your nipple. The cup itself is the same size—all Freemie breast funnel sizes fit it. Size and fit are based on your personal comfort and preferences; therefore, we cannot determine which size will be optimal for you. If you’re not sure which size would be best for you, we recommend that you meet with your healthcare professional or lactation consultant in person for an assessment.
3) Are Freemie Breast Funnels hard, or are they soft and pliable?
The Freemie Breast Funnels are made from polypropylene, a material that is not as rigid as glass nor as flexible as silicone, and provides a nice, smooth finish. Polypropylene combined with Freemie’s breast funnel design ensure that Freemie Collection Cups are comfortable against the skin.
4) Are the Freemie Collection Cups made with BPA, DEHP, or latex?
No. Freemie Collection Cups—and all Freemie components that come into contact with breast milk—are made with polypropylene plastic, which does NOT contain BPA, DEHP or latex.
Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical component present in polycarbonate plastic used in the manufacture of certain beverage containers and most food can liners. Freemie Collection Cups and all Freemie components that come into contact with breast milk are NOT made with BPA.
DEHP is an additive used in some kinds of PVC plastics to make the plastic soft and flexible. Freemie tubing is NOT made with DEHP.
Latex is a rubber material used to make products such as latex gloves and latex condoms. Freemie Collection Cups and all Freemie components that come into contact with breast milk are NOT made with latex.
5) I have asymmetrical nipples. Do I need to buy two different sets of Freemie Collection Cups?
No. The cup itself is identical, whether you use 25 mm, 28 mm, or 32 mm breast funnels. Because breast funnels are interchangeable.
6) How does the suction level of Freemie Collection Cups compare to other systems?
The suction level of Freemie Collection Cups is nearly identical to the original horns and bottles that come with the Medela, Philips Avent, and Ameda pumps on our list of compatible pumps.
7) I’m purchasing a Freemie pump set. Will the Freemie Collection Cups work with a pump that I already own?
If your pump is on our list of compatible pumps and you have the proper connection kit, then the answer is yes. Freemie Collection Cups that come with a Freemie pump can be used with a compatible pump from another manufacturer as long as you have the Freemie Connection Kit for it. Connection kits are available in our store.
8) I’m purchasing a set of Freemie Collection Cups to use with my compatible pump. Do I need to buy anything else?
No, providing your pump is on our list of compatible models. When you order a set of Freemie Collection Cups for a compatible pump, tubing and connectors for that model are included. If you want to use the cups with another compatible pump, you can purchase a connection kit.
9) My pump is not on your list of compatible pumps. Do you plan to add more pumps, such as Hygeia or Medela Freestyle?
At this time, Freemie Collection Cups can be used only with the models on our list of compatible pumps. Pumps that are not listed are not recommended to be used with the Freemie cups. We frequently hear, “The Freemie Cups are compatible with the Medela Pump in Style, so why aren’t they compatible with the Medela Freestyle?” The Medela Pump in Style is a different kind of pump than the Medela Freestyle, and—like the Freemie Cups—the Pump in Styles’ horns are also not compatible with the Freestyle.
Free Postage & Free Milk Storage Bag (*If stock available)