Mom’s Precious Hot & Cold Gel Pack
A Hot & Cold pack is not just for breastfeeding moms and treatment and prevention of complications related to breastfeeding. It’s really something that every family should have in their home. Why?
FOR BABIES & TODDLERS:Accidents do happen, especially when you have a growing baby and toddler! So it’s always good to be prepared!
• For bumps & bruises or any boo-boos especially when they have started to crawl, walk and run. Helps to relieve pain or discomfort
• As a warm compress when they are feeling cold – during winter, after a bath or shower
• Keep one in your first aid cabinet & another one in the freezer at all times!
• Breastfeeding is best for baby’s health. However, Engorgement, Blocked Ducts and Mastitis can add discomfort to the experience of being a new mother. Mom’s Precious Hot and Cold Packs have been designed to bring you immediate and effective warming and cooling relief.
• Engorgement – Use cold compress first to relieve pain or discomfort before nursing then followed by warm compress may help the milk begin to flow. AVOID using warmth for more than a few minutes as it can increase swelling and inflammation.
• Blocked Ducts & Mastitis – Use warm with gentle massage just before a nursing session to improve milk flow and cool after & between nursing sessions to help soothe and reduce swelling.
FOR GENERAL USE OR SPORTS INJURIES:
• To promote blood flow and enhances healing (leg cramps, back aches, stomach aches etc)
• To be used as cold compress to relieve pain or discomfort (migraine, fever, sports injury etc)
• Use warm or cool depending on your needs
Each box Contains 2 Reusable Packs
~ Comes with a soft and hand-washable pouch for maximum comfort
Directions Warm Therapy
To Warm in Microwave:
Because microwaves vary in power, you need to find the correct heating time carefully. Before you begin, flatten the pack and ensure gel is distributed evenly. Heat in the microwave for up to 60 seconds (30 secs per side). Before applying, knead pack and check temperature to ensure the comfortable feel on the packs. Apply wherever needed for 20 minutes. If required, you may re-heat for a further 10 seconds in microwave.
To Warm in Hot Water:
Use water which has just been boiled. Soak in the boiling water for approx. 5 min. Remove when its ready for use and insert into the pouch provided. Apply to the injury or area of discomfort.
Directions Cool Therapy
To Chill in Refrigerator:
Place the packs in refrigerator or freezer compartment for at least 2 hours before use (for first time usage). Before applying, knead pack and check temperature to ensure the pack feels comfortable. Insert gel pack into the pouch. Apply where needed for 20 minutes. If required, re-cool in freezer for 10-20 minutes.
To Clean: Carefully hand-wash with a mild soap in luke warm water and allow to dry before using.
NOTE: Hot & Cold Packs may also be used to keep food or drinks warm OR chilled in an insulated bag.